<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, December 08, 2005

(I'm too lazy, so I'm posting the "My Space" blog here, too...)

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Content

Current mood: content

No, not like "the contents of this package are highly explosive", but content...as in happy.

I was talking to a friend about how much I absolutely love my niece. That when I'm feeling a little down or frustrated, I look at her picture and I can't remember what I was so stressed about in the first place.

He also said something that really hit home: How is it that you could love someone with such intensity that you literally just met?

Think about it: The baby was not a person 9 months ago...now she is this little helpless person that really doesn't do a whole lot except eat, sleep, cry and excrete bodily fluids. But she is precious and adorable, and I love her...so much that the love flows from within me and I remember when I heard her heartbeat for the first time or when I saw her for the first time right after she was born, how moved to tears I was. It was pleasantly overwhelming.

Of course I love my parents and my sister and I've also been in love once or twice. But I look at her...and everything melts away.

I'm going to cherish this for as long as I can because I know in about 15 to 20 years, I'm not going to remember this feeling when I'm picking her up due to a drunken phone call after a raging night with her friends and she's too sick to call her mother, so I have to lie to my sister that we really did spend the day shopping and the reason she's been throwing up is because of the bad fish we had at lunch and she just wants to sleep it off, so she's staying over.

*sigh*

Currently listening:
The Swing
By INXS
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?