<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 12, 2005

(Again...what I posted on My Space)

What NOT to say to a sports fan
Current mood: discontent

Okay.

I get that you may not follow any organized sports...let's say for example, football.

I get that you may have never attended a game, even just to accompany a date, friend or family member.

I get that you may not understand the game, nor would you care to.

I get that you may not have a favorite team.

I also get that you may not understand the hows or whys of the mood altering effects of when your team loses a game that may make or break a possible wild card position in the post season.
I get that you don't understand the PASSION for the game.


But...don't EVER tell me it's STUPID to feel that way.

When someone has followed a team for over 20 years and watched the highs, lows, good, bad and the ugly, then you can NEVER UNDERSTAND why it would affect your mood.

If you don't understand, then why would you even tell someone who DOES understand and DOES feel the way that I do about it that it's stupid?

Passion is not stupid unless it's misdirected or results in violence.

I am PASSIONATE about my San Diego Chargers.

I have followed them religiously since Air Coryell.

I rejoiced in the BEST GAME EVER PLAYED during the 81-82 season against Miami in the Orange Bowl when my Bolts won 41-38 in overtime.

I defended them even when people said they didn't deserve to go to the Superbowl in the 1994 season, losing to the 49er's.

I stuck with them when their record was 1 win and 15 losses.

I was around for that devastating missed field goal against the Jets last year, and I'm STILL HERE NOW.

Being that passionate about football and my San Diego Chargers...telling me that it's stupid to let a game dictate my mood just cuts to the core of this sports fan.

You should have kept your comment to yourself.

Comments:
Female sports fans NEVER get any credit.
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?