<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 21, 2005

Pain and suffering in various tempos

That what was on the Depeche Mode concert shirt THAT I DIDN'T GET. Oh well...but it was a whirlwind weekend of concerts.

SPOON

So I answered a Depeche Mode related trivia question on the radio station 91X, and it won me an in studio with a group called Spoon on Friday afternoon. Never heard of them, but I'm always up to listening to a new band. Long story short, the concert started at 130pm...and they were supposed to call me at 2pm, but my name wasn't on the right list. Got transferred to the promotional director, left a message that I hope to be compensated. He called me back at 430pm and asked me if I wanted "mediocre seats to a good concert": NINE INCH NAILS ON SUNDAY. I'll take that over Spoon, thanks very much.

UNDECIDED

Went with a friend to see a group that she likes, and they're basically an edgy O-Town. Cute and decent enough. They sang mostly covers.

DEPECHE MODE

What a SCREWED up night! My friend DJ Dark Angel couldn't get in at first because her belt was deemed a leathal weapon (well, not really...but they didn't like the chains). So when that was cleared up, we tried to get in...but our tickets were VOIDED! Some kind of mix up with iTunes and Ticketmaster. Mind you, this was a sold out show...and there were two 35 year old women in the parking lot of the Sports Arena sobbing that we couldn't get in. In the end...at the nth hour, I was able to buy tickets because they released tickets held by the promoter. The tradition was saved, and I was able to see my band.

The show was AMAZING...even through the heartache and missing half of Pain I'm Used To, which was the opening song...followed by John The Revalator (Dark Angel doesn't like it, but I do, lol). Precious was so touching. I wish they had played Lillian because I think it would have been better than Damaged People. It's ok...they played a bunch of hits. The crowd was on it's feet for Personal Jesus, Enjoy The Silence, Everything Counts and Never Let Me Down Again. I think I fell in love again with Dave during World In My Eyes. HOLY. SHIT. Dave is a sexy older gentleman.

The evenings surprises: Somebody and Just Can't Get Enough. I couldn't believe they played JCGE and NOT something like Strangelove or Master and Servant.

I was confused by the crowd. If I didn't know any better, I swear I was at a Dave Matthews or John Mayer concert. Hardly any black...and LOTS of college sweatshirts. But I guess Depeche Mode have reached U2 heights, and the crowd has changed significantly over the years.

NINE INCH NAILS

Wow...what a show. THIS was where all the Depeche Mode fans went...in fact, I saw some "Touring The Angel" DM shirts from the night before. Went with another friend who had seen NIN before. I've never seen them, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Amazing lighting set and very powerful show. The reason that they were in town is because their drummer had heart palpatations during the Soma show, and they had to end the show midway. He has since been treated and is fine, so they added San Diego to the end of their tour. The show closed with Head Like A Hole, and there was no encore.

I'm DRAINED. I need to sleep.

Oh yeah: MY CHARGERS WON against the Bills: 48-10. Massacre.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?