<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 07, 2005

Ack.

I am really REALLY trying to focus on the positive these days. I have had SUCH a difficult weekend. I was faced with something I had NEVER thought would happen...yet, it is exactly as it should be.

I walked into a weekend that could have been adverse at best (or at worst), but because I am striving to create a more harmonious world around me, I decided to make the best of it. Because of the circumstance, I am being EXTREMELY vague. To those of you who know the truth, then this will make perfect sense. Those of you who don't know, you will not know for a LONG time.

This weekend required an INORDINATE amount of understanding on my part. I do not wish my weekend on anyone. But...it was necessary, and it happened.

From this weekend, I have grown to understand myself, too. I have deepened a frienship that I always had hoped would be this rich and fulfilling...I just didn't expect it to be this way.

One of my friends said that surprisingly, the weekend was going very smoothly...which it was.

Where did I go? LA.
Who did I visit? I'm going to leave that vague.
What did I do? I had a mixture of fun, struggle, emotional explosion, and understanding.
Where do I go from here? Not sure, but it will be better than where I've been.

Perfect theme song for just a little understanding into what happened:

"Cool" by Gwen Stefani

That should give a lot of it away.

So on top of that Friday to Saturday event, I went home thinking "I'd LOVE to see the 'Pretty Vegas' video...." Small consolation to what has happened, but I'm taking pleasure in these little things.

I get home Saturday evening and fall asleep on the couch. I wake up at 4am, and decide that I should go to the living room and pop in a tape and just record VH1 until my tape runs out, so that I may catch "Pretty Vegas". I fall back asleep.

I dreamt that my dad said, "There's that video you like..." I look up and see some woman singing. I said, "Dad, that's not it!" He said, "Yes it is...look..." I looked back up at the screen, and sure enough, I saw INXS.

I woke up to JD's beautiful face, larger than life on my big screen TV. AND, I taped it on the other TV, only 45 minutes into the tape...

PLUS, the Chargers beat the Jets 31-26...too close, but we won nonetheless.

I am Pooh.

Have you read "The Tao of Pooh"? There is your suggested reading for this week.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?