<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 03, 2005

5 Favorite Things right now

I was listening to the radio this morning, and they asked each DJ for their favorite things right now. Here are mine:

1. JD FORTUNE and INXS - I can say both because they ARE afterall, 1 band. JD is BEAUTIFUL.

2. Goth - People tend to think that goth is negative, but it's not. I have a dark side, and goth music feeds into that and brings it out so that it's not kept inside me. A lot of the beats are droning and driven, but it's so strong that you can't ignore the power behind it. I'm digging the new "Goth Industrial Club Anthems" boxed set that I bought on Saturday. It's dark and lovely.

3. "Playing the Angel" - Ah, I see Depeche Mode in TWO WEEKS! The album is fantabulous. It's got the driving industrial beats I'm into right now, but teamed with those infamous Martin Gore melodies. Oh, and Dave Gahan has written 3 songs on the album. My favorite tracks: John The Revalator, Suffer Well (a Dave Gahan song!), Precious, and Lillian.

4. THE SAN DIEGO CHARGERS - Ok, this may not be a fair one because I've always had a love affair with my Chargers for a long time. I've come to really appreciate the game of football, and I am doing everything I can to learn the game. However, I REFUSE to participate in those "women only" NFL 101 camps. Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I'm not already knowledgable about football. I can intelligently talk about my team and the season thus far. I don't need a lesson on what a touchdown is or what it means when the referee tosses the yellow flag, thanks very much.

5. PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE - Ah, I love it when Starbucks changes seasons. Next is the Egg Nog Latte.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Stickers - Can't get enough of them.

The new video iPod - Next on my must have list. "Pretty Vegas" in my purse? YES.

Notebooks - I use it in addition to my calendar. It's great in lieu of a diary. I look back at the things I was thinking about and where I've been. Plus, you can hold your directioins to people's houses or places you want to visit again. Completely handy.

Blogs - I'm writing it, and you are reading it. If you can't take the train wreck that is my life, then you know your choices. Thanks for stopping by.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?