<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

So no, my Chargers didn't win. And my co-worker is NOT letting me live it down! We shall call him DJ Steeler, because he is such a Pittsburg fan. But he called me all night long, and sent me text messages all night...at the end, I had to shut off my phone because I KNEW he was going to brag. But he brought me a rally towel, so I guess it's ok. If we won, then I would have really let him have it, too...payback is a BITCH.

Final score: Steelers 24, Chargers 22

It was a CLOSE game. TOO close. We really needed to make bigger strides to score more points in the first half. It ALWAYS happens to us. We come back big in the second half, but by then, we're playing catch up and we can never get a large enough lead to fend off the opponent.

We just couldn't get the last score in. We didn't even get the 2 point conversion...but that might have hurt more being 1 point behind rather than 2. I think it was that "3 plays in 71 seconds" Steeler drive that really got us in the beginning of the 4th quarter. We LET them have that.

Also, I think Brees is a great and very smart quarterback. But he needs to stop going deep on the 3rd down. His long passes seem to come up slightly short, so the receiver can never meet the ball, they're always running UP to the ball. I know we're great in the red zone, but sometimes he doesn't use his short yardage to his advantage BEFORE that. I mean, WE HAVE LT...just give him the ball and let him rush for the 1st down, you know?

But it really was a good game. The Charges kept it close the whole time. There was no large gap, which is good. We didn't get creamed, you know? I mean, we DID beat Tom Brady and his almighty Patriots last week. AND, this was the first Monday Night Football game IN SAN DIEGO since 1996. It was about time that everyone got to see just how good we are.

Now, it's on to Oakland. If we're going to win, we gotta win THERE. You know you are a true Charger fan when you HATE THE RAIDERS.

RADIERS ARE GOING DOWN.

http://www.chargers.com/news/headline_detail.cfm?news_key=2357
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?