<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

JD FORTUNE smells good.

This was a pretty good weekend. I had only one really kind of semi-emotional setback, but all was made up for pretty quickly...as pretty as Vegas in the song, lol (sorry about that).

Like the title? IT'S TRUE.

Ok, highlights of this weekend:

It's a boy!

- Mardid had her baby on Friday! Cute baby boy, 5lbs 6 oz, 18 inches in length. She called me at about 11am, but her water broke at 240am, and she gave birth at around 8am.

Paradise Hills

- Ten and I went to see a group called Paradise Hills at the Bean Bar (a drive thru coffee shop, pretty cool if you ask me). One of the guys in the band was a drummer in my choir, so it was cool to see him. He was so surprised to see me. There was another band called The Transit War, and they were pretty good. I got a shirt...which is a little disturbing (it's a bleeding heart), but I really like it. I told Ten we should definitely do more of these events. New budding bands are always fun to see.

http://www.myspace.com/paradisehills

http://www.thetransitwar.com/

CHARGERS BEAT THE RAIDERS 27-14!

Oh, how sweet it is!!!! The Steelers lost, too...thought I'd mention that.

Sugar and spice, and everything nice...

- I heard my niece's heartbeat on Monday morning (yesterday). I burst into tears at the first beat. It's been a long time since I was overcome by joy so much that it moved me to tears. My heart overflowed.

Are you kidding? It's DAMNED pretty after the show!

- VIRGIN MEGASTORE, Hollywood & Highland

The INXS/Gang of Four/Dredge concert was cancelled due to rain...but they did mini meet and greets instead, and I had my "moment" with JD.

It rained HARD yesterday. I had my car serviced in the morning, then my sister and I went to her appointment where I heard my niece's heartbeat (see above), then off to lunch, got my car and I was off to LA.

The drive itself was uneventful, but I did discover a new independent radio station called 103.1. I happened upon the station and Sir Richard Branson was on the phone with the DJ talking about his new Virgin Megastore opening up on Hollywood and Highland (where I was going!). He talked about the groups and about INXS and the show Rockstar INXS. It was cool.

So I get there early...it's about 230pm. I called one of the gals from the Rockstar message board who asked if we could meet up, and explained the situation and how everything looked. I told her I would call back with updates. I did a little shopping. I've always liked Virgin Megastores, so it was fun to walk around.

The announcement was made that the show was cancelled due to safety reasons, and I figured that would be so. It was way too wet outside for anyone to be safe.

I called my message board buddy back and she decided that she didn't want to come out if there was no concert. I understood. I had been there all day and I wasn't about to go home, so I decided I would stay for the meet and greet.

Another announcement was made for how to line up for the meet and greet. We were to go to the second level of the Kodak Theather area and wait there for further instruction. I think I was in the 3rd wave of people.

It was fun...met another fan in line and we decided to kind of be our own "group" since they kept asking "who are you here with?" before sending us off. We get to the store and the line, and we are immediately greeted by The TV Guide Channel. We each got intreviewed, then we got moved up the stairs. They took our cameras, and we were just plopped right in front of INXS.

I was in a daze and was just trying to get in between them all when JD grabbed me and said, "They're going to take your picture!" He spun me around and I couldn't see the guy who had my camera, so I think it's going to be a candid shot of me with INXS. JD hugged me from behind and said, "I'm SO sorry!" so nicely because he KNEW that was not the shot anyone would have wanted. At that point, I just realized that JD hugged me and how good he smelled, lol.

With no more opportunities, I got my camera, whipped around and said, to INXS "I've been a fan for 18 years, and I voted for YOU JD!" I saw JD smile, and I think I hear thank you's...then that was it.

It was harried, disorganized...but I guess that's all they could do in that moment in time.

If that were my event, I would have anticipated the rain. I would have asked if each band could do a reduced accoustic set in the store.

These are my takeaways from that experience:

- I would have walked the line and shook everyone's hand. I was up there with INXS for God's sake! They ARE the ledgends, and JD is the new boy.

- I also would have worn something ROOTS just for the impact it would have made on JD. He's from Canada and would have known immediately. NO ONE wore ROOTS. I'm sure he would have stopped me and asked me where I was from. My encounter would have been better.

But what I will say is this: JD Fortune is a very gracious person. While the INXS men are used to this frenzy, they kind of stood back and didn't notice the things around them. JD noticed EVERYTHING. There was a little boy who was up there with his family and kinda wandered onstage marvelling at the lights. JD saw him almost walk off stage and away, so he stopped him and turned him around so that he wouldn't miss out and be seperated from his family. It was SO cute and SO mindful.

What could have been a really disappointing experience for me, he made the most of it by paying attention. I was NOT paying attention, so he at least tried to make the picture happen. When he knew it didn't, he apologized, and he didn't have to.

And I will say this WITH CERTAINTY: JD is BEAUTIFUL in person. Holy cow, what a good looking guy. I was really stunned at how handsome he is. That man will have his pick of women for sure.

There is it...nice weekend, eh? :)
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?