<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Ok, so I have to say this...and I may get lambasted for it, but I don't give a shit:

I am diggin' Rock Star INXS.

At first, I was like "OH HELL NO...YOU CANNOT REPLACE MICHAEL HUTCHENCE!" But as the band said, they aren't trying to replace him. They are trying to move on, as difficult as it is, without him.

It's not fair that U2, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Duran Duran and others from their era can enjoy the sucessfull come backs, right? It's not the band's fault that Michael Hutchence took his own life, as tragic as it was for the band and fans alike.

My pick for the winner: JD

I like JD because he creates his own arrangements, he's got the look and loves INXS. I feel that he can pull off being the front man without trying to be Michael Hutchence. And the band loved the fact that he's working with the house band because they need their singer to work with them, and not just take them for granted that they are "support". The other singers will be front men with a legendary band behind them as backing. JD will be a part of the band.

There are also female singers who are auditioning...and as talented as they are, I just can't see it. I can't see a female front person for INXS. Even Jordis, as cool as I think she is...I just can't see it. Nope. No way. No.

At first, I didn't want to like this show. I wanted to HATE this show. But as I see how excited the band is to be out and about again, picking a singer so that they can tour and do an album, it's hard to not watch and root for them, you know?

Also, I grew up listening to INXS, and I did Depeche Mode and Duran Duran. I saw Michael Hutchence when I was 18 during the KICK tour (I thought I was 19, but even better!). I went with my sister and we had a great time. During the spoken part of "Need You Tonight", Michael was ripping a piece of paper that he had originally used as reference for that part of the song...but clearly didn't need it and ripped it slowly and very sexily...dear LORD.

I will go see INXS with the new singer. I loved them back then, and I still love their music now.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?