<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, June 27, 2005

Why do I let my fears get the best of me?

I was overwhelmed this weekend. I was overcome. I felt lost and out of sorts. I haven't felt that way in a long time. It's all catching up to me.

I went to lunch with my neighbor across the street. It was very good to talk to her...we've lived across the street from each other for the better part of 30 years, and she always seems to understand me, and I her. We're both first born children, so much of our experiences are similar. But she has had it harder, and she has been through a lot.

I went out Saturday night, just to go out to a friend's birthday, actually 2 friends. It was like a frat party...or what I imagine a "mild mannered" one would be like. But it was mindless, and I knew the people there...so I had a good time. I needed that kind of atmosphere. I took over the radio with my iPod because one of the birthday girls wanted to sing her favorite Karaoke song "All By Myself" and I happened to have it. Then it was subjecting everyone to my taste in music, for which I actually got complimented on...yay me!

I walk in to the party, hug everyone...get my usual Kamikaze...then my friend quickly makes me get another drink where I have to do it at the "Booze Luge".

Mind you, I have NEVER done any keg stands or had any drinks funnelled down my throat. I never did one of those crazy Tequilla poppers in Tiajuana. The craziest thing I ever did drinkwise was some insane drink at a night club in Vancouver, Canada called "The Cadillac" and I think it was so insane that I don't even remember what happened. I think I recall that you start it off with shooting it with the bartender, then you shoot another part of it that's lit on fire, and it ends with this LARGE drink at the end...I think. I also partically remember having to be carried out of that club that night.

So anyway...the "Booze Luge". It's basically a LARGE carved block of ice with 2 curved "tracks". It's on a stand and tilted. You sit with your mouth at the bottom of the track, next to someone you are "racing" against. Someone at the top pours your drink down the track and you drink. "Just remember to keep swallowing!!" is what they told me.

I swear, if you heard ANY of the conversation at that "Booze Luge" out of context, it sounds like everyone cheering on a blow job.

Yeah. I think I had 2 more drinks the rest of the night and ate Manwich with Velveeta salsa with tortilla chips. I paid for it DEARLY yesterday. I had a slight hangover, but that wasn't so bad. It was the hourly bathroom visits. NEVER AGAIN.

Sunday was tame. My mom came home from staying with my other aunt and then they decided to go to LA. I went shopping for a bit, then came home and vegged to HGTV and E!'s True Hollywood Stories about Laci Peterson and Amber Fry.

The construction is stalled again. I really with my friend would just not make promises he can't keep. He says "I'll be there at 3pm" and then doesn't show up. I text message him because I'm trying to save him from my mom's wrath, and he says "sorry...had to go somewhere, I'll be there later tonight" and STILL doesn't show up.

We hear he's working on another project. My mom said to him a couple of weeks ago that if he has something he's working on, to work on it and come back at the end of July so he can devote the rest of his time to us. He said that he didn't need to do that and that we were is priority. As a thank you, my mom got him an iPod, iTrip and car adapter because she knows we're getting a good deal on the price of the work. He said that he would work to get everything done by August.

So we rented a dumpster last Thursday, with the impression that he was going to work all weekend so that we can make the most of it when it goes back Thursday morning. My mom did a lot of the landscape cleanup...and he did a lot of work, too. Then my mom get's news that he DEFINITELY is working on another project.

Why oh WHY would you do that? Why tell us one thing, and do the EXACT thing we knew you were doing, but lied about? I tried to explain to him that the WORST thing you can do as a contractor is to over-promise and under-deliver. He says that he knows...but he still keeps doing it.

I NEED A VACATION!!!!
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?