<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My mom needs to stop picking fights with me right before I go to work. She is off of work because the school year is over, which means she is at home all day, everyday. She is sorting through a lot of the stuff in the family room so that we can empty the room when the carpeting is pulled up and the flooring goes in for my old room and the family room. But first, my bathroom and master bedroom are being done so that I can move all my things in there.

So this morning, she started grabbing things that needed to be sorted. She grabbed a bin of my clothes and stated that she is going to give the entire thing away. I had not been able to sort through them yet. So I said to wait because I didn't get a chance to sort through it. She said that I have had many chances to start sorting, but that I'm not doing anything to help in the house. She started yelling, and I implored her to STOP picking fights with me in the morning because it sets the tone for my entire day.

My mom, in the heat of anger....started to tell me that I don't do a damned thing, that I'm lazy, and that I suck. So I said that's nice to hear...everyone tells me what a great daughter I am for staying with my mom and sacrificing my life to make sure she's ok...and I SUCK?!

I don't want to go home tonight. But I have no choice. Although part of me just doesn't want to go home so that she can see what it is that I do in order to make sure she's ok...I can't do that because she's my mom.

I feel trapped. I feel suffocated.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?