<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

This week just gets better and better!

Check THIS out:

There is a great local company in San Diego called "Local Celebrity". They have a website of awesome shirts and I own about 3 of them so far, and I bought 1 for UNLV. I had been looking all over the web for a "Keytar" shirt...which for those not in the know is a keyboard/guitar that rockers used in the 80's to get keyboardists out from the back and rockin' up front with their guitar and bass toting buddies. Since I'm a keyboard player/pianist, I wanted a funny shirt that used the Keytar.

I sent an email to Local Celebrity (names have been changed to protect the not so innocent):

Wed, 5 Jan 2005 11:26:24 -0800 (PST)
From: "Sigh's Email"
Subject: Keytar shirt!
To:
Igotsometingtosaysucka@localcelebrity.net

Yo Local Celebs-

You all have the BEST shirts and I have been rockin'
them for about a year now (I think I've bought 4 so
far...I always see tons more that I want!), and I
always get compliments.


I'm a piano player/keyboardist. Although I've never
owned one, I would LOVE a shirt that says something
like "I rock the KEYTAR!" Wouldn't that be funny?
I'm sure you all can come up with something entirely
more clever than that, but I think a "keytar" shirt
would be a great addition to your already awesome
collection.


Just a suggestion!
Sigh

San Diego, CA

This was their response:

To: "Sigh"
From: "Local Celebrity"
Subject: keytar star
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 09:57:48 -0800

Thanks for all the love!!! Seeing as how keyboardists are taking over
the world....we really do need to do a keyboard or keytar shirt! If we
decide to use your idea, we'll let you know & throw a free 'Keytar'
shirt your way.


Later Days-
"Local Celebrity Rep"


Here is the shirt: http://www.localcelebrity.net/keytar_womens.html?image2.x=115&image2.y=115

Then I sent an email to compliment them on a great shirt:

Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:26:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Sigh's Email"
Subject: Fwd: Re: keytar star
To: "Local Celebrity"

CC: Igotsometingtosaysucka@localcelebrity.net

HI!!
I see that you have a new Keytar shirt, hurrah! Can I
claim a free shirt?

Thanks!
Sigh


Their response:

From:"Local Celebrity"
Subject: Re: keytar star
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:30:31 -0700
To: "Sigh"


Oh but of course! Sorry I didn't let you know we were coming out
with the shirt...I get so many e-mails, yours got lost in the shuffle
=(
What's your mailing address?
Later Days
-Local Celebrity Rep


How AWESOME, huh?

Now, I know my more cynical friends would tell me that I should have maybe demanded copyrights or whatever...but that's not the point. I've always thought I had good ideas, and they're swimming randomly in my head most of the time. And believe me, there will be a point when the ideas in my head will also help me succeed in my own line of business sometime soon. I just like the fact that it was a good idea, that someone thought of the same thing and did something about it, I received validation for it, and that they remembered to make good on a promise.

Whether or not Local Celebrity will acknowledge who gave the idea, it doesn't matter to me. I looked for a Keytar shirt EVERYWHERE, could not find it, suggested it, and now I got one for free!




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?