<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I'm going to abandon the Bridget Jones style of writing today in light of the anniversary of my father's passing yesterday.

UNLV came down on Friday and we went to dinner, which was cut short due to the weather. We vowed to make up for lost time on Saturday night after the luncheon.

Saturday was the luncheon. 107 people showed up, and it was nice. Then Ten, UNLV, my cousin and I all went out to Alibi and all around Hillcrest. As Ten had stated, it was a very Vegas weekend...what happens in Hillcrest stays in Hillcrest I dare say. UNLV almost couldn't make it because he was helping his mom move stuff, but after a little bit of time and arranging of schedules...he made it work and was very glad he could make it. It really was tons of fun just laughing and drinking.

Sunday, my mom, Aunt and I all went to church, then went to Barona. Then yesterday, my sister, mom and Aunt all went to church then we went to lunch and visited my dad's grave. We then headed to my work to check out my office, went shopping, went to my sister's work and then went to Barona AGAIN.

I can't believe a year snuck up on me like that. I guess living week to week really has worked, because it still feels like it was yesterday...but I know that it has truly been a year. So much has happened.

I miss my dad so much. I don't think I realized again just how much until this weekend. I saw all the people at his luncheon, and almost everyone we invited showed up. We didn't invite too many people, although 107 people does seem like a lot. But considering about 400+ people showed up for my sister's wedding, 107 is definitely small.

I can't type too much about the sadness of it all right now because I'm at work, and I just can't handle it, but I will be thinking about it all this month. After March 16th, it will begin that year of the first year anniversaries that didn't involve my dad, if that makes any sense. We burried him on March 16, so March 17 means that was the first day of my life without him...
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?