<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

No. of beers last night: 1 (v. good); No. of Colin Firth movies watched: 1 (second disc of P&P...the lake scene...mmmm)

DOOM! Friend didn't call mom back or anything after not showing up to fix kitchen. Feel like Bridget Jones when Gary the builder left gaping hole in wall where new room extension should go. Must convince mom to not bother him for right now and allow him the chance to get in house and continue work. V. difficult indeed!

Went to birthday get together last night with work friends/urban family (not my birthday obviously). Good fun, went to Hungry Stick and had beers and greasy food. Realized just how much younger my work friends are than me, but so wonderful that they never care and always want me to join in their events and parties. They've always said that they never think about my age because I never make it an issue, and always am willing to make fun of it when it does arise (everyone is anywhere from 5 to 10 years my junior). They always jokingly say "I want to be like Sigh when I grow up!" which always made me giggle. Love work friends/urban family. We've become very close in the last 2 years, and they are a wonderful asset to my life.

Ok, I have an observation. It's a goofy one, so please bear with me. If you don't like my rants about Colin Firth, then please bypass these next few sentences.

I have noticed that at least every other week (sometimes every week) there is a movie on TV with Colin Firth in it. At the end of Jan, I saw "Bridget Jones". The next week, "A Thousand Acres". Week after that, "Shakespeare in Love". He is a character actor or supporting actor in so many movies, that one is bound to find a movie with him in it.

The truly funny movie "reference" that continued this theme was "You've Got Mail". He's not in the movie, BUT...Joe Fox (Tom Hanks) is reading a book that Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan)recommends and loves, which is "Pride & Prejudice". On the cover of said book is the BBC/A&E movie cover with COLIN FIRTH and Jennifer Ehle. Throughout the movie, there are references to Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy.

If this continues, I can look forward to seeing Colin Firth on my telly all year long.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?