<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, December 06, 2004

Ok, first things ALWAYS first:

BOLTS CRUSH THAT ORANGE!

Ah yes, tis true football fans. My Chargers are FINALLY getting the respect they've needed and deserve. Year and years of fandom have paid off, and never could I ever have asked for a better team than this year's Chargers. Yes, Air Coryell was AWESOME, but a good offense needs a great defense and we didn't have that back then. So this time around, our defense came out and helped keep Denver at bay. It wasn't pretty at times, and yes we did have about 93 yards lost due to penalties, but even if you play below par and STILL win against an awesome team...you must be one hell of a team!

We are alone as the AFC West leaders.

It's good to be a Charger fan!

So Friday, mom and I went to Jingle Ball. It was fun. You know, overall it was a very good concert. There were a lot of different styles of music. My mom really enjoyed Chris Isaac because she felt he sounded like Roy Orbeson (and he even sang "Only The Lonely"). I think he stayed on because they were having technical difficulties getting the Duran Duran set together, so someone came out and told him to keep playing. I remember seeing someone come out at least twice to speak to him.

John Mayer was my highlight, of course...but I wish I had seen Jamie Cullum again. I missed him because I was stuck in traffic. Sarah McLachlan was AMAZING. I have a new respect for her.John seemed in rare form to me. He was much more comfortable and just having a lot of fun. He interviewed Def Leppard in 2002, so it's cool that they let him interview Duran Duran this year.And I think if Duran Duran had figured out in the beginning of the set what Def Leppard did 2 years ago, then it would have been much different.

Def Leppard closed Jingle Ball 2002. In the beginning of the set, they played 1 or 2 new songs, and it met with the same reactions the new songs did for Duran Duran (except EVERYONE knew "Reach Up For The Sunrise" on the new Duran Duran album, and no one knew ANY of Def Leppard's new stuff). Then Joe Elliott said, "You know, we can come back and tour the new stuff separately...because I think we know what you all want to hear!" and then launched into "Rock Of Ages" and the rest was hit after hit and the audience was on it's feet the entire time. It's good that Duran Duran closed with "The Reflex" and "Rio" because it did end with a very high energy party atmosphere. I had a great time and was on my feet the entire Duran Duran set.

Saturday, my mom and I went out with one of my friends who started his own construction business. Let's call him DeWalt, since he was going to purchase some DeWalt tools and was excited to get them. We started out day at 930am and went to about 4 tile places, then lunch and finally Lowes and Home Depot. My mom was way tired, and our day ended at 530pm. We got a lot done, and I think DeWalt knows what we need and how to do it.

I also talked to UNLV earlier in the day. I'm throwing him a mini party at The W for his birthday, and I was verifying when he was coming into town. Now I've got to make phone calls to people about the party.

Sunday, I drove my mom to Barona and I went home and watched the Chargers beat Denver. Then my other friend came over and we went to Michael's and I got a bunch of yarn and gift bags for Christmas.

I'm not prepared for this Christmas. Even though we will be going to Canada...I just can't believe that my dad won't be there, and my sister will be in San Diego. Had things been different, maybe all of us could be in Canada together.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?