<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, November 05, 2004

Last night...I did a CRAZY treck all the way to West Hollywood to work the merch table for The Push Stars! Yeah, I KNOW, right?

I worked 6-3pm at work, then hopped on the freeway at 330pm and didn't get to LA until about 7pm and finally to The Trubadour at almost 730pm.

The show was sooooo good! I'm such a fan of their music, and they sang all the one's I wanted to hear. Afterwards, I met the manager and then I got to finally meet the lead singer, Chris Tepper. I got him to sign my set list from the San Diego show...and I got to talk to Dan the bassist again. Actually, I got to chat with Ryan's (the drummer) girlfriend, too. The keyboardist is Scott who I was in touch with throughout the evening.

Chris was really interested in knowing how I found out about their music, and I told him it was from a CD now compilation from Pizza Hut! I said I bought "After The Party" (their first official studio major label release) after that and the rest is history. The band really thanked me for coming all that way and gave me a free shirt.

I also met a band called Let's Go Sailing. They're kinda on the lines of indie-pop Cranberries. I enjoyed their sound and even moreso their merch because it's really cute. I bought UNLV a shirt because it's 2 people on it and the girl is asking "Let's Go Sailing" and the guy says "Okay!" I had to get it for him, lol!

The last band was called Les Sans Culottes, and were a funky 70's type edgy rock mix thing. It was a bright and loud show, but pretty good.

The drive home was trecherous...I was basically sleeping with my eyes opened and almost swerved into the middle divider at one point. That was the only time I had a problem, and that was when I was almost home. At 230am, I hit the pillow sleeping.

Ok...more later, if not...Monday.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?