<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, November 15, 2004

I'm going to be a Rebel for a day at the end of this week.

I've never gone to a college football game ever in my life. The first one I'm going to is against SDSU, and I'm going to be sitting on the opposing teams side.

How funny is that? Maybe I should wear my UCSD sweatshirt just to confuse people. Only that it wouldn't because UCSD doesn't have a football team anymore.

I had a wonderfully lazy couple of weekends. Last weekend I just shopped and did laundry. This weekend, I had a family party, bought and watched "Bridget Jone's Diary" with UCLA (I'm not sure if I talked about her in my blog yet, but that's what I'll call her), and then I went to my first ever book club meeting last night. We talked about the book for oh...maybe 30 minutes total, haha. But it was nice...a good wine, good dinner, good company.

I finally visited my dad's grave on Friday. I have not been able to get there for one reason or another, but mostly weather.

It was so devastating to go after not having gone for so long. It just reminds me of why I'm in the situation I'm in, and why my family is suffering. I'm generally happy, but there is always this underlying sadness to everything. It looks like I'm going to get my PT Cruiser, but when I think about why I'm able to get it...it's very bittersweet.

I'd trade it ALL to have my daddy back and in our lives again.

Ok...I can't do this right now. I gotta get back to work or else I'll open a floodgate.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?