<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, November 04, 2004

I have no voice. Dear LORD, I've lost my voice...*sigh*

I didn't talk much about Halloween weekend, did I? Don't think I partied THAT hard in Vegas this weekend, because I didn't. UNLV and I had his mom as company, so we had to tone down our weekend. But we still had a great weekend regardless.

Friday
October 29


My flight was delayed 1 hour...so I got to Vegas at about 1115pm or something ridiculous like that. UNLV and I went to a late night dinner and just called it a night.

Saturday
October 30


We had a quickie breakfast because UNLV's mom was coming to spend the weekend. Not what we planned, but we made it work. His mom had bought a condo at the new MGM Towers, which are the first condos tied to a hotel out in Vegas. It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL! She bought the studio, which looks like a fancy upgraded hotel room. It's turn-key, so even if you are living there or renting it out, they will take care of EVERYTHING as if you were staying at the MGM hotel...which includes towels, sheets...EVERYTHING! And when you want to rent it, they can find people for you...and if you want to let them know you'll be coming into town, they will not rent it out for the time you are there. I treated us to lunch at Rainforest Cafe and then we went to an awesome new outlet and did some shopping. I spent only about $100, which really shocked me...but it's ok.

We ate a light dinner at Sonic (yes...the cool little burger joint where people bring food to you at the parking spaces). We then went to Studio 54, which was called "Nightmare on 54th Street". UNLV's realtor for their condo got us VIP on the guest list. It was fun...but UNLV didn't want to dance, so his mom and I just danced a little bit. We had such a long day that we called it a night at about 130am.

Sunday
October 31


So...we went to breakfast at Caesar's, which was spectacular. I've never had their buffet brunch, but I think I will now! Everything was made to order and so fresh. They also had a pianist and bass player as entertainment, and I requested "Paper Moon"...the pianist didn't know, but was able to improvise with the help of the bassist. It sounded great!

After a lazy afternoon of football watching for me, homework for UNLV, and financial paperwork for his mom, UNLV got a hook up for dinner at Picasso at The Belagio. We decided that we just couldn't do anything outrageous for Halloween, since I had to go to work and he had an exam.

So...I wanted to wear my costume because I wasn't going to have another opportunity to wear it that night...and I could dress it down to look like a really fance "little black dress" if I had to. We went shopping a little at the shops in Belagio and then to dinner.

It was like Rosemary's, but much more upscale...but the royal treatment was the same. It was $100 per person, but UNLV's friend knew we were coming and we got all our wine (unlimited red and white), sparkling waters, coffee, teas and desserts for FREE. It was quite a nice experience.

Then it was off to bed for all of us. UNLV got a few phone calls from friends who had hooked us up with parties that night...one of them VIP at Aladin...but we just couldn't do it. He apologized to me for not being able to party and that he would make up for it the next time I was out there. I told him it was fine...the fancy hotel was very very nice and I didn't mind a mellow evening.

Honestly, it wasn't even THAT crazy in Vegas. When we got out of Picasso's, it was 1030pm, and there was almost no traffic. I was really surprised. It was entirely too crazy during New Years...so that's what I thought this would be...but not at all.

I had to wake up at 4am and UNLV's mom drove me to the airport so he could sleep more for his exam.

Crazy travel, but sedate weekend.




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?