<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

First off, don't hate me because my PT Cruiser is beautiful.

Ok...well. Today is the day that my sister and her husband talk to my mom. She called this morning and wanted to talk to my mom at a restaurant tonight, but my mom didn't want to discuss their personal affairs in a public venue, which is understandable. I've done that, and it's not the best situation. My mom insisted that they have the discussion at our house.

So she tells my mom that she doesn't want me to interfere. She said it more than once, as if I were going to come charging out of my room in a huff all ready full of piss and vinegar to spew at her beloved husband.

I told my mom I would leave for the evening if they would like, so as not to cause any unnecessary trauma to an already tense situation. My mom insisted that I stay because I had done nothing wrong.

Isn't that SAD? I'm the one that got screamed at and cussed at, yet I'm being made out to be the bad guy here. I'm glad my mom asked me to stay. It's my house, too...and I should not be driven out because of something that HAPPENED TO ME.

Lately I've been thinking about my dad a lot.

OH, my Thanksgiving holiday was very nice. On 11/24/04, my mom and I went to a birthday dinner with UNLV and his mom. We had NEVER done that before, even when we were dating. It was very nice.

On Thanksgiving day, I went to UNLV's house first for lunch. It was a very small affair this time around. I've been to his aunt's house for Thanksgiving before, and usually all his cousins are around but not this time. It was very intimate with just his aunt's immediate family, his mom, her boyfriend and me and UNLV.

We then went to pick up my mom and drove up to Temecula for my relative's Thanksgiving get together. It was much larger than his, but exactly what I'm used to. I'm very glad that my mom didn't want to spend it at Barona like she had planned.

I must say, UNLV was quite the gentleman that day. He even expressed concern about my car and it's drivability, which prompted my mom to offer to help me with it sooner than expected.

After all the Thanksgivings (yes, stolen from "Friends"), we decided to walk off our food by taking a long stroll at Coronado Beach. It was cold, but the brisk walk warmed us up a bit and we got a good work out. After the walk, we sat and talked at a lifeguard tower.

We have come a long way. I was able to express my grief more freely with UNLV about my dad. We talked a little about our past and how it's in the far distant past now. It was quite lovely.

I went shopping on "Black Friday" 11/26/04, the biggest shopping holiday of the year. It was insane, and no matter how much I love to shop, I should reconsider going out on that day ever again. I got some Lucky jeans (not on sale, of course). I also got a cute belt buckle that says "Rock Star", which I am of course, haha!

I picked Ten from work because she is having car problems, and we watched "Love Actually". I have easily watched that movie 10 times since I bought it. I brought her to her aunt's house afterwards.

I went to a family luncheon on Saturday 11/27/04 and then I went home and did NOTHING but watch DVD's and knit, lol! Please don't call me a spinster, because I'm FAR from it...but I do stitch and bitch.

I watched "Meet Joe Black" that night. That was a difficult movie to watch. It's about a father, played by Anthony Hopkins, who is successful and well loved and is about to meet his demise. But then Death comes in the form of Brad Pitt and wants to take a vacation in human form to find out what it's like, and falls in love with his daughter.

It was just sad and hard to watch...he had 2 daughters, and there was just so many people that cared about him. I cried incessantly.

The next day I watched the Chargers beat the Chiefs, again wishing my father was here to enjoy this winning season...and my mom and I went to get my PT Cruiser afterwards.

We're going to get our plane tickets to Canada today.

I'm tired and work is kind of taking it's toll on my today. Maybe to save my sister some grief, I'll just sleep while they're all there.

Or not.




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?