<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, October 25, 2004

Hello all, I had a great weekend...how about you?

A lot of rushing around Friday afternoon. Both UNLV and I were late getting to Knotts. It was pretty hectic but we both finally made it. We started out the evening with a buffet dinner, which was ok at best. Then we had some drinks and hopped into the jaccuzzi for some relaxation before heading into the park. I think we both needed it after our long drives.

Knotts was soooooo crowded! I just don't remember it ever being like that, and I know that part of it was because we went on a weekend. Years prior, we had always gone on a weeknight. Now "Halloween Haunt" is on weekends ONLY. Even the hostess at the breakfast buffet said, "I heard that it's not as good this year..." to which UNLV agreed wholeheartedly by saying "there's just too many kids!"

To help deal with this overcrowded situation, we sought comfort in the beer garden. We spent about an hour there, then went back again because our buzz started to wear off. I think I had fun because it was with UNLV. We had a good little drunken heart to heart at the beer garden, and it was just nice to hang out with him again. After years of trying to figure our our friendship, I think we really finally have.

Saturday night, we just went around Gaslamp. First we ate at Moose's, but the atmosphere was a little strange. Then we walked around a bit. But you know, a small part of the evening was disappointing because we went to see The Disco Pimps at 5th Quarter (formerly Buffalo Joe's), and they played anything BUT disco! I didn't pay a cover to hear Snoop Dog or Outkast. I would have seen The Top 40 Pimps for that crap. Oh wait, there IS NO Top 40 Pimps. Fancy that. I should have asked for my money back.

We left and bar hopped the rest of the night. There was a cool band playing at Croce's, and we went to Jimmy Love's, but nothing tickled our fancy. We called it a night and hung out a my house for a bit.

UNLV went home Sunday, and I watched football and did NOTHING. I think I knitted, but that's it. This weekend will be a little crazier because it will be Halloween in Vegas, which neither of us ever did until now.

Oh...THE CHARGERS WON!

Had to get that in...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?