<$BlogRSDURL$>

Thursday, September 16, 2004

MY iPOD WORKS!

Hooray!

I went to dinner with Ten at my cousin's house last night (we'll call her Madrid). It was a nice dinner: chicken fetuccini with sun dried tomatoes, garlic bread, salad with a balsamic vinegrette and roasted bell peppers and eggplant. I brought a merlot from Napa that UNLV gave me a couple of years ago (he said I can't have the new one he got for me this year unless I finish the other bottle). For dessert, she baked this thing called "Bumbleberry Blossom", which sounded like something from Harry Potter...but it's berries wrapped in pastry and sugar. She served it warm with vanilla ice cream. It was a great dinner...and the three of us got to be together again.

It was strange for all of us to hang out at my cousin's house, and SHE'S the one who's married. We had a sit down dinner and hung out...when before we were always getting ready to go out and dashed out to eat out before clubbing. What a difference 5 years can make, right?

So after dinner, we sat around and chatted...Ten watched her CSI while Madrid and I worked on figuring out my iPod. First we networked our computers and plugged in my iPod into her computer because she has the firewire port. It worked and brought up iTunes and my libaray when we brought up my computer on her screen. But then her iTunes library overrode mine, and it kept wanting to import her library.

So then we tried to just dump my library of songs onto my iPod, but then my iPod just ended up being like an external drive. It stored the information, but I couldn't play anything.

Madrid remembered that she has another identity on her computer with an empty iTunes library. We brought up that user and reconnected my computer to that one and sure enough...we loaded my library of songs onto that iTunes, disconnected my iPod, reconnected it and iTunes started and automatically began uploading the entire library onto my mini iPod!!!!

Oh, the excitement in the air...well, it was just me but that's all that matters, right?!

So I uploaded 743 songs, which turned out to be almost 50 albums. All my playlists were intact, and I was able to use my iTunes. Madrid ended up with all those songs, too! What took a total an hour or 2 to figure out and download would have taken days or weeks just 5 years ago.

NOTE: All of my music was taken from CD's that I have purchased, none of my music was downloaded ilegally from any other source other than my own extensive library.

So now I have my iTunes with me...and I'm going to purchase an iTrip so that I can listen to it in my car. The iTrip uses a frequency on the car radio to transmit the songs and play them on the car speakers. I'm going to get that and a tape player adaptor for my other car (and any car that has a tape deck).

Excuse me as I revel in the wonder that is my iPod...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?