<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

My iPod doesn't work. ARGH!

It's true...I tried to get it to work this weekend, but it doesn't. I don't have a firewire port on my 5 year old graphite grey iBook, and it doesn't work when I use my USB port. I called Apple, and there is no adaptor that is "Apple supported" that can connect my new mini iPod to my old iBook. Apparently my iBook came out when the horse and buggy were the mode of transportation, so I will most likely have to upgrade my computer or just go out and buy a whole new iBook/Powerbook.

I think I will be going the "third party" route and finding something out there to make my iPod work with my iBook. If not, I will return my iPod. I don't want to buy a $1300 new computer just so my $249 MP3 player will work...not right now.

The thing that bugged me the most about it was when I went to the Apple store at Fashion Valley, they INSISTED that my iBook had a firewire port because a girl there had the lime one, which came out when my graphite one did. But what they don't realize is that I bought mine RIGHT AFTER the original colors came out, so the newer one's all have the firewire port...but mine DOES NOT. That girl felt so vindicated when she saw online that they all had a firewire port, even when I said that I counted the ports and there ISN'T ONE. There was only 1 guy there who empathized with me and urged me to bring it in.

And what is up with commuters in the morning? ESPECIALLY those after a holiday, or getting ready for school. I have spent the better part of the last 3 months in predominantly happy commute mode. People were nice and allowing me to signal and get into the next lane, but not this morning...NO SIREE! I would signal, and people would cut me off...IN MID LANE CHANGE! I would be in the actual lane, and people would pass me and not let me through! Geez, I'm sorry your holiday is over, but don't take it out on me.

It was VEGAS hot this weekend. I think we were in the 100s while Vegas was in the 80-90s.

Oh, and what did I do this fine Labor Day weekend, you ask? NOTHING, and it was everything I thought it would be ("Office Space", one of the many DVD's I watched this weekend). I did laundry, and watched several DVDs. I dropped my mom off at my aunt and uncle's house this weekend, then I went to Best Buy and bought the following:

Heathers (Special Edition)
Legally Blonde (Special Edition)
Memento
Reservoir Dogs (Special 10th Anniversary 2 disc Edition)
Stand By Me (Special Edition)


I watched them ALL this weekend. I'm glad I stayed home because our neighbor's son came by with his wife and my mom paid them to clean the entire garden. My sister and husband paid someone to do what resulted in absolutely NOTHING, but the neighbors did SOOOO much, that it looks the way it did when my dad was alive. It's AMAZING. They needed me to periodically plug things in for the backyard area, so it was good I was home.

I did shop a little bit, but I mostly stayed at home. I finally left my cocoon to pick up my mom on Sunday.

Yesterday, my mom went to hang out with her friends, and I went to my friend's birthday party. It was so nice outside because it was already evening, but the weather was nice enough to not require a jacket.

I have a friend who went to a wedding this weekend in San Jose, we'll call her Gidget (she's always reminded me of her for some reason). She's a high school friend and it didn't occur to her to invite a girlfriend to go because she was hell bent on either going alone or having a date. It would have been fun if she had called me earlier to go, and she thought about it a little, but was really thinking about the date thing more.

I also thought about going with Ten to Vegas, but I didn't want to take the ride up there (I'd rather fly), and I also felt for some reason that I wanted to leave UNLV alone this weekend. Even though I miss him so much, and going up there would make up for not seeing him at all this month, I think we need this time apart. We're so very close that it gets confusing, and I don't want to be confused. He really needs to experience everything that goes along with college life, and that means lots and LOTS of socialization.

Today is officially 6 months since my father's death. I was sobbing heavily yesterday, and it's now sinking in. I went to visit my dad's grave on Saturday, and it's hard to go on a weekend because there are so many people around. On the weekday, it's usually just me in the area where my dad's burried, so I can talk to him outloud.

I miss him terribly.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?