<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 10, 2004

I am finding it extremely expensive to be a Depeche Mode fan.

They are releasing yet ANOTHER exclusive "boxed set" of remixes. I still have to get box 5 & 6 of the singles, now there's the remixes. With the limited amount of Depeche Mode items I have (believe me, compared to the true fanatics, my collection is so far inferior), I'm sure I've spent THOUSANDS of dollars. That's right, not hundreds...this stuff ain't cheap. I'm lucky I started EARLY when I was 17 or so. Some of the items I have I got when I was in junior high and high school, so back then they were probably $3 for an import single and about $10 for an import 12 inch. NOW it can be upwards of $10 for a decent single 45 RPM ($20 for a rarity), and nearly $30-$50 for a 12 inch single.

I've got some cool stuff...I have some things that people are selling for a couple of hundred dollars on ebay. There was a magazine that appraised Cds, vinyl and other memoribilia, and I wish I had bought it. It was about 5-10 years old maybe, but it gave a good idea at the time how much things were worth, and I'm sure I could have gotten an idea of how to appraise it now.

Anyhoo...I gotta run to the bathroom. My col-de-sac (as Pete Thurston put it) of a cubicle is making my eyes hurt.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?