<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 17, 2004

Geezus, trying to get set up a weekend to go and hang out with UNLV is like pulling teeth! I think we've got it down to if we can't make it happen for the weekend of Oct 8-11, then he's just gonna come down for our traditional Knotts Scary Farm Halloween Haunt weekend, and then I'll go back up on the actual Halloween weekend because I've never done the Vegas thing for that yet.

We had tons of fun last Halloween. We were 1974 prom king and queen dates...except that I was the guy and he was the Amazonian woman, hee hee! My only problem was that as a girl who LOVES to be center of attention, he got hit on all night long...and I got mistaken for a guy at the front door of the club! The gal at the register repremanded the bouncer and said that it was SO obvious I was a girl and let me in.

I told UNLV that I wanted to be the real girl this Halloween and I think I'm going as a sexy gangster. I have a cute pinstriped mini-skirt and I'm going to get a little blazer that I'll wear with a tank and just a tie (no shirt) and some stilhetto heels and get a fedora. We'll have to figure out something for him.

I'm going up to LA this weekend to see David Ryan Harris...singer/songwriter and friend of John Mayer. DRH went on tour with John and now he's doing some dates on his own in LA. I'm going with some of my John Mayer buddies, and we're making a weekend of it. I'm excited because these are friends that are into John Mayer and everything to do with him, and my close friends are not, so I can never take them to a concert and have them appreciate the whole scene like these friends do. We all know who DRH is and do not mind getting together just to go to a concert and then talk about it afterwards. Since we all frequent the same message board and basically that's how we met, we have the soap opera drama that is the message board to provide lots of drunken conversation.

Oh, I've been doing a LOT of vintage shopping on ebay. As I've said, I'm digging the whole retro/classic look, so I want to get authentic clothing and not the reproductions out in the stores. I don't mind getting the little camisoles, tank tops and little t-shirts at retail stores, but cashmere cardigans and shrugs, I'd like them to be the real thing. I have several little sweaters already that I've kept over the years that I've gotten from thrift and resale stores, and I found a couple more on ebay that I really like. I got 2 of them already and I'm waiting for them to be sent. I got great deals on them...usually they run about $30-$50 in a good vintage or resale shop, but on ebay, I got one for $19, and the other one for $12!

And another thing...Forever 21 is my favorite shop right now. Although the quality may not be the best, at least the trendy stuff is EXTREMELY cheap. I can't imagine paying $20-40 more at Bebe for the same thing for a little lacy top at Forever 21. Trends come and go, and I'd rather pay $7 for a poncho than $80, thanks very much!

Ok, I think I'll end it here for right now. Be back after the weekend!


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?