<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, September 03, 2004

Dear friends, HOW could I have failed to mention this awesome event in my life?

I got...a...

DRUMROLL PLEASE!

I GOT A MINI IPOD!

Yes, I bit the bullet and bought it yesterday. It's SILVER one (surprise, it's NOT pink, lol!), and it's BEAUTIFUL!

BUT...(oh NO you say?), yes, there is a BIG BUTT AND I CANNOT LIE to quote Sir Mixalot.

I can't upload any songs. I need the OS X 10.1.5 update, and I have 10.1.4, so I can't run my new iTunes OR upload songs to my new mini. I watched Pete Thurston, and what a cute YOUNG guy. I stress the young because he said, "I remember back in SEVENTH GRADE listening to this band while I was gettin' high..." and it was "She" by GREEN DAY. Holy shit.

Anyway (talk about digression), I was tired from the show, but I was determined to get my mini iPod working. And I FAILED miserably. I downloaded the update, but I couldn't open it because it was in a bin format. If anyone of my friends still reading this blog can get me an update to Mac OS X 10.1.5 Puma update, I'd appreciate it. Preferably not in a .bin format, thanks!

I talked to UNLV for the better part of an hour yesterday. It's amazing how much we have to talk about when we allow time between, which is something I have to keep in mind. Waiting a week for correspondence is so much better...but I just have this anxiousness with him sometimes. I think it's just stuff from the past that resurfaces and makes me wrongly doubt him. But it was a good talk and we were making plans for October since we can't make a visit work for either of us this month. We made a deal that he would have to call me to let me know when we can chat because my schedule is pretty much the same week to week, while his is going to be insane.

So yeah, Pete Thurston. What a cutie. What a talent. I don't think I laughed so hard in a long time. It was like comedy AND music all in one show. At one point he asked for requests (he was doing his stuff and a lot of covers...opened the show with "If I Only Had A Brain"...yeah, you're right, the one from "The Wizard of Oz"). I yelled "30 Down" which was a song he wrote while watching "The Real World" (Jason Mraz titled it) and stated that he actually sent the song to MTV in hopes of it being used and never heard back, haha. Anyhoo...he played it, and followed it up with an acoustic version of "Gin & Juice" and then "Baby Got Back". It reminded me of that acoustic version of "Boyz In Da Hood" that I like (forget who did the cover).

I got to meet Pete afterwards. I said, "Hi Pete, I'm Sigh" and he said, "SIGH! Nice to meet you...did you get the CDs because I was worried about that..." I explained that yes I did get the CDs, and we chatted a little bit. He said it was great to meet me in person, and I said the same thing. He also said to NOT watch "Wicker Park". He'll be reviewing that next week (off this week because he has his TWO YEAR OLD KID), but he walked out of the movie it was so bad.

Oh yeah, my friend Aspen (that's actually the name of her dog, but they're both cute girls, hee hee) came out last night with my and my co-workers to see Pete. I got her this cute little ceramic Niagra Falls mini background with a tiny "Maid Of The Mist" ceramic boat. You have to see it because I'm failing to describe it correctly. It was good to see her, even if we didn't get to chat. She said she had a good time, and so did my co-workers. I'll call my co-workers that came with me Seattle and Minnesota.

Minnesota left our company to go to Europe for the summer and then to grad school. When she applied for grad school, they told her that she needed lab experience, so she came back here to get a job working in a research lab. But she's back at my job in the interim to get money while she's interviewing. She's a very cute and awesome girl who came with me to ramdom quirky stuff like strange movies or unknown and upcoming artists. She came with me to see "Susperia" (a "spaghetti" horror made in Italy), a movie that I had been deathly afraid of since I saw a preview of it at a drive in when I was about 8 or 10 years old. After seeing it with Minnesota, I came to realize that I was afraid of a horribly BAD movie with cheesy special effects. Now I'm kicking my own ass for being such a wimp. But I'm glad she's back because I have plenty or random things that I want to attend.

Seattle is a funny, smart and witty gal who can quote TV shows and movies like nobody's business. She's the only other person who knows who Pete Thurston is and I'm SO glad she came. Her father is dying of cancer at her home in Seattle and she flies home about every 2 months to see her family. I'm sure she'll need a friend when the day comes, and I hope she turns to me.

Ok, more later...I get to have the house all to myself, yay! I get to run around naked, so if you call and I answer the phone, I just may be naked.

Or not.

PS: If I have failed to call you back, it's not because I hate you...it's because I'm a flake lately and didn't write it down in my trusty notebook. Yes, I have a trusty notebook. We all should have one. Mine has stickers, does yours? No? Then you're not one of the cool kids and you can't sit with us at lunch, so there.

Final Thought (how Jerry Springer of me): Don't drop the funky beat. G Love has spoken.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?