<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 23, 2004

I guess I can't use the fancy HTML versions when I Blog from home. No problem.

I finished a LOT of sorting today. I condensed my files, and shredded a lot of old bills. They say that you're supposed to keep things at least 2 years old, but I ended up shredding anything 2002 and back. I just kept things that were from last year and this year.

It's weird...you get in a groove when doing something, and the next thing you know it's already a week later! I pick up my mom on Friday already. I'm just about done with my room. I'm getting rid of a bookcase, a desk, a bunch of shoes, & some books. I set up a pick up with Salvation Army this Wed. I'm going to buy another bookcase (I think I'm gonna get a cheaper one that I saw at Wal Mart rather than spend another $50 at Ikea). I just need a place to put all my shotglasses until I set up a cool new bar or curio when I get my new place with my mom.

I got so busy that I had to visit my dad on Saturday, and I skipped my nail appointment AGAIN and had to reschedule it for Wed.

I haven't heard from UNLV all week. We typically talk a few times a week, and I guess I just wanted to see how much of it was me that initiated it...and it looks like it's ALL ME. I thought maybe he would call me just to say hi at least, but I know he's trying to get another house done for his mom before he starts school...and I think he went away or something this weekend. He didn't tell me, but I think I saw something on his calendar when we were trying to look at what dates we wanted to see Aretha Franklin in Sept.

I guess since we've been back in touch again for this entire year (since last Aug), we've talked practically every week, except for when he or I go on a trip. You get used to something, and it's strange when it doesn't happen. He's my best friend, and I miss him a lot now that he's in Vegas. Oh well...he's got a whole seperate life with other friends and school. We said that I'd go up there every month, which I have. This will just be a longer stint than usual. I combined July and Aug, so I'm going back up in late Sept.

I guess I just feel like I'm bothering him, so I'm just concentrating my own thing. I guess it's just some old memories of when we were dating. It's so much beter now, and I don't want to aggravate anything now that we're such good friends.

I'm excited to see my mom. I've never been away from my parents longer than 2 weeks (funny "Can't Hardly Wait" by The Replacements is playing on my iTunes as I write this...), so being without my father forever now, and my mom being in Canada is a whole new expreience for me.

My mom said that we'd be taking trips to Philippines and Italy next year. She also said that she may go back to Canada for Christmas this year, since she knows this will be a very difficult holiday season for her. I may go to Canada for Christmas, too if she's up there. I don't know how I'd be able to handle seeing everyone here in San Diego without my dad around. It would hurt too much.

I miss my daddy so much right now. It's been a little while since I've cried this much. I know it's because of the Chargers. I know that sounds a little silly, but my dad and I would do my office football pool together, and he knows I'm a very big Chargers fan, so I would lose the pools at work because I refuse to choose against the Chargers. It's pre-season right now, and I believe they lost against the Colts last week, but won against Arizona on Sat (38-13, whoo hoo!). Football season will be bittersweet this year if the Chargers do well.

Ok, off to bed. Good night :)

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?