<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, August 09, 2004

I feel violated.

My personal space has been invaded. I feel like I can't be confortable in my own home now.

I feel the worst for my mother because she has to hear about this all the way in Canada. I hate calling her and telling her this stuff, but I have to. My sister's husband is not the guy she thought he was. I always knew in the back of my mind that there was something off about him. He has no respect for my parents house. The only work ethic he has is to go to his job everyday. He doesn't do dishes, he doesn't do housework, he doesn't cook, and he leaves SHIT EVERYWHERE. One time I came home to use the vaccuum, and his sweatpants were haning on the vaccuum. I pointed them out to my sister and said, "That is NOT a coat rack or the floor of your bedroom" and she took it to her room and said nothing to him about it.

My sister claims she is not scared of her husband. I don't think she's scared OF him, but she's scared of LOSING him.

THIS is why I'm single. Fuck that kind of intimidation by low self esteem. My sister has become the weakest part of herself, which is why she thinks that I'm talking down to her when I'm telling her what needs to be done at the house. But I guess if I tend to talk down to her, it's because they're both acting like children.

I wish I was exaggerating, and I know that they have to learn in their own time...but for God's sake they're in their 30's. Wouldn't they have learned how to take care of themselves along the way? How is it that my sister and I were raised by the same parents and I know how to take care of a household, but she doesn't? We both watched our mother, we both listened to our father...but it's like she lost herself in this relationship she's in, and can't function.

My mother asked her today if she was scared of her husband, she said no. She asked her why did her husband decide to unleash on me, and she said that he was trying to protect her. Immediately my mom rightfully asked, "Protect you from WHAT? US??!! We're your family, we've never hurt you and we never will...and besides, you're 31, you better learn how to protect yourself!"

My mom said that she told my sister to make him apologize to me. I will not accept it, but acknowledge it. I will NEVER SPEAK TO HIM because I don't want to acknowledge that he exists. If my father were alive, he would have come at Jeremy with a bat and chase him out of our home.

I have a feeling that all my sister is going to tell him is to apologize to me. I will NOT hug him, I will not shake his hand, and I will never let them forget what happened. My sister will have to live with the fact that I cannot stand her husband, and realize that she married an uncouth sloth of half of a man.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?