<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

THE BEACH July 31, 2004

As stated in the previous post, The Beach is a Canes/Chiller's looking place with a definite Spring Break type vibe. In talking to some people here at my office, they mention that they've been to The Beach and how it's kind of a skanky "I'm 21 so I can do anything" kinda feel to it, which was completely accurate. That was crazy Vegas locality and I didn't care for it AT ALL.

I'm told that I wouldn't be the only girl that night, so I thought that would make me feel better about the evening. There are 2 other girls, and they get there not long after we did. After awhile, there are body shots being given by some girl named Nicole or something who worked there, and some of the guys who were "in LUVE" with her coveted her by doing those body shots (after I called them out and dared them to get their asses up there). UNLV was the photographer because no one bothered to bring a camera to document the event.

Later, they coax the girls in our group to do the same body shots with that girl Nicole. My friends coax me to go with them, and the girls say to me "We'll all go up there together...we won't do it without you..." type of thing, so I look at UNLV and buddy and they kind of give me a "yeah, you should do it" and I get pulled by the girls to go up there. So I get to the bar, the girls both get helped up. I'm about to get up on the bar when The Bachelor pulls me back and says that they didn't pay for me to be up there. I was in mid jump when he said that, so now my drunk ass self has to take the "walk of shame" and go back into the crowd. UNLV is again taking pictures and asks me to take pictures with them after he sees that I had to come back, and I decline. He's having fun, and it IS a bachelor party, so I decided to just leave him alone to enjoy a night with the guys. Besides, why would I want to be in pictures after being asked to get off the bar?

I went back to the railing and started to watch a little. Then I got extremely pissed and went back to our seats away from that bar area. Then I felt REALLY stupid, very old, and very self concious and decided to go to the bathroom to console myself. After crying a little in the bathroom, I decided to just walk around and be by myself...but without leaving the bar because I didn't want UNLV to worry about me (he did mention later that he was afraid I left, but realized that I wouldn't do that to him). I just sat in the back area and watched the people play pool. I didn't realize that an hour had gone by, nor did I realize that my phone had been ringing. I really didn't realize it had been that long. I saw that my phone had about 8 missed calls, so I decided that I had to go back. I went back to our original seats and I felt someone grab my arm and direct me outside. I could hear him say on the phone "I got her, we're coming outside now..."

Next was a flurry of activity of EVERYONE trying to console me by telling me that I'm not too old, that they didn't realize that I was going up there, too...that they didn't get enough money together to pay for a 3rd person to get body shots, that I'm attractive and people who just met me didn't know I was in my 30's...BLAH BLAH BLAH. I honestly believe, and I don't give a FLYING FUCK WHO READS THIS, that those who were bragging all weekend about how much money they make, flashing fake LV wallets, could have afforded to give up a $20 or whatever it took so that I wouldn't have been embarassed and felt like SHIT for being taken off the bar. How hard would that have been to just give our dear almost naked bartender Miss Nicole a little something extra after the shot was done and say, "Sorry, we should have included her" instead of taking me off the bar and making me walk back into the crowd, feeling like a FUCKING IDIOT for even being there? I would have forked the money over if it was the other way around, but hey...that's ME. I don't brag about what I make and the money I ACTUALLY have.

That's going to be the last time I attend anything like that...and my clubbing will be limited, very few and extremely far between. Invite me, I guess...but only I'll go if I want to, which might be never. Besides, I wanted UNLV to know it WASN'T him that I was pissed at...and I know he knows that now because he said that if that was how I felt, I should have told him and he would have understood and left if I was that upset. I explained that he was having too much fun as the photo boy that I didn't want to bother him. I was drunk and angry, so I decided to just be by myself. He felt bad for me and understood where I was coming from.

This moment in time became a life changing moment for me. I realized that I am just too old to go to things like that. Maybe it was the co-ed bachelor thing, but whatever it was...it made me realize that 34 is not an age to be hopping on bars and getting whip cream licked off of my by an average looking Asian bartender/dancer with a great body and fake boobs making up for her plainess. In a way, I'm glad that I didn't go up there, because one of the girls who did it said later "I kinda wish I didn't go up there, but they paid for it..."

Also, I wondered to myself, "Who am I fooling by doing shit like this?" I thought about UNLV's aunt at their family reunion, and I wondered, "Who thinks that about ME?" I wondered if people think I'm too old to be around that crowd and I kept thinking that maybe I act too young...that I dress too young, that I try to party like I'm 21 again because I'm single with no kids. I don't want to seem like I'm fooling myself...because up until that point, I really thought I wasn't.

So overall, if you take out this part of my weekend, I would have been able to say I had the perfect weekend in Vegas. I don't like drama, I definitely don't like being told I'm dramatic...so I think avoiding situations like that will help keep my life's melodramatic moments to a minimum.

Goodbye clubbing world...it was fun while it lasted.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?