<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Back from Vegas! Overall, the trip was EXCELLENT! I say overall, because no trip is PERFECT, but there were parts that were. I will include in a seperate post the "imperfect" part of the trip.

JULY 30, 2004
Friday

My UNLV best friend picked me up at the airport in the Crossfire, and all I could think was "HOLY SHIT!!" That is a CUTE car up close and personal. Speaking of which...that car definitely has a lot of personality. It's not too pricey, but it gets a LOT of looks. We had a great time taking that car to get it valet'ed (how in the HELL do you spell it as a verb past tense anyway??).

The Venitian was BEAUTIFUL. The room was pretty big and had a little living room, bedroom area and nice sized bathroom area, with shower and bath. We only went swimming once at the Canyon Spa pool and jacuzzi with my best friend's own UNLV buddy, soon to be frat brother. We took some cool pictures, and I hope to have some of that soon.

The first night, we got to the room and got all spiffied up. We called a place that UNLV's realtor HIGHLY recommended. It's called Rosemary's and it's WAAAAAAY off the strip. In fact, it's not far from UNLV's old house. It's very unassuming, but quite classy inside. We had to make late reservations of 10:00 pm, but they closed at 10:30 pm so I guess we were safe.

We were told that this place will treat you like a rock star...and they weren't kidding. We spent about $150+ but it was WELL worth it. We had a Chef Taster's menu, which included a 5 course meal for each person, and beer or wine for an extra charge if so desired. We just wanted the meal and bought our own cocktails seperately. The waiter, Ian, was very knowledgable about the menu, and he explained every part of the 5 course meal. In fact, after about 10:10pm, we were the only one's in the whole restaurant, so we basically had 10 waiters at our disposal until we left at 11pm. That was BY FAR the BEST dinner experience I've EVER had. The service was incredible, the food was spectacular, and the company was very much welcomed after such a hard month (UNLV was very sweet, and I'm so glad he's my best friend).

After the awesome dinner, we met up with my friends and his bachelor party buddies and partied a little at Rain at The Palms (I was the only girl there for that night, which was awkward). I was extremely tired after working all day, then flying out and going straight through from basically starting my day at 430 am to get up for work, so we decided to head back by about 130am.

JULY 31, 2004
Saturday

The next day, we went to the Rent-A-Vette dealer and added my name to the Crossfire so that I could also drive it...which was only twice. I'm not as skilled a driver as UNLV is, so he drove most of the weekend. Only UNLV was allowed to drive it up until that day because I had to show my ID, they had to verify my credit card, and take a thumbprint in order for me to drive it, too. UNLV was right...it's like they wanted my first born or something! Then we went shopping at a local mall on Maryland Pkwy near the actual UNLV campus (I forget what it's called, we've been there before). We bought a few things, but every time we wanted to buy something, people kept telling us to go to The Fashion Show on the strip...so that was our clue to go there. We bought very nice things: Lacoste shirts, I got my Seven for all Mankind jeans (on SALE!), but I didn't get my "The Cult" Trunk Ltd shirt because they ran out. They're supposed to call me because they intend on getting more in.

So as a prelude to the evening, UNLV mentions that after he bought a couple more shirts in Nordstrom's The Rail, the salesman said to him "BP is upstairs". UNLV was confused. So the salesman said, "Your mom said she was going up there..." Now, my buddy wasn't going to tell me this because he felt bad that this guy said it, but he told me anyway, hoping I would find it more funny than offensive. He kept saying "That guy was was a stupid idiot anyway...I think he only said that because you bought the shirt for me when we first got there..." That didn't make me feel any better.

We went back and got ready for dinner and going out for the co-ed bachelor party. At first, I kept getting phone calls asking suggestions about where we were going that night, but I thought that the bachelor and his buddies were pretty set about where we were going. In any case, UNLV and his friend suggested The Beach and everyone met up there after our respective dinners.

At dinner (at Margaritaville...which was very cool), UNLV told me about his family reunion in Florida, and that his aunt had a falling out with her husband and then went out and partied with him and his cousins (apparently she is in her 50's and they are all 20 somethings). I tell that story for a reason, which is to follow in the next post.

We had to go back to UNLV's condo to register for his reserved parking permit which was supposed to go in affect on midnight Aug 1 so that he can get one because they were limited in number. The system was not updated, so we figured that it would be updated at midnight on Aug 1, since Aug 2 is a business day. We leave the condo and get to The Beach and start off with rounds of drinks. It's a wild and crazy place. It's like Cane's in San Diego and Chiller's/Lattitude's in Redondo Beach combined. Lots of young people and craziness, almost like a Spring Break type vibe.

Now, in a seperate post, you'll that The Beach was the downside to an otherwise great trip (even if UNLV says that to me, I know he'll say it was cool when I'm not around, haha!).

AUGUST 1, 2004
Sunday

UNLV and I took the car back , checked out of The Venetian and were going to Primm outlets, but we forgot that there was extra traffic for those people going home. We decieded to just to to the Las Vegas Outlets and shop and eat there. It was a pretty mellow day.

That night, UNLV and his friend and I went to The Circle Bar at Harrah's. Now THAT was fun. UNLV lossened me up with a couple of drinks, and we had a fun time in the rain listening to a live band playing covers. We ate, drank and danced. I didn't want to do anything too extravagant because I didn't want to hang out with people I didn't know who were younger than me. It was too soon after the previous night's events.

AUGUST 2, 2004
Monday

Things got a little hectic. I had no idea of UNLV's responsibilities with his mom's properties out there until I got to witness it first hand. I kinda just tagged along with him while he took care of everything for his mom. He had accomplished a lot, from meeting with the realtor and taking pictures for it to be rented and buying stuff for the next house being rennovated, to continuing to clean up his own condo and waiting for furniture that never came. I helped organize his stuff, helping him throw away a lot of things and making his condo a little homier, but more classic looking.

The plane was delayed from 9:55 pm to 11:05 pm. It sucked because I didn't think to check online to see if maybe there was a delay. UNLV and I could have gone to dinner instead of me eating crappy airport food, lol.

Minus the crap at The Beach, I had a very good weekend. It was nice to be away and relax.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?