<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Awwww...G Love was FUN yesterday! It was a very short set (in no particular order):

The Hustle
Love
Don't Drop It
Give It To You
Blues Music
Booty Call
Back Of The Bus
Astronaut

As you can see, the only "oldie but goodie" was Blues Music. So DAMN, no Baby Got Sauce...but...

There was a signing afterwards, and Garrett (the "G" of G. Love) asked for my name to sign on the album, and said, "Thank you Sigh so much for coming to the show." I said, "Seeing you up there makes me wish I was rapping again..." and he just sat back and said, "You rap?" I said it's been long time since I flowed, and he said, "Girl, you should have said something, I would have got you up there! We could have jammed! I'm SERIOUS!" They each thanked me again for coming and I told them that I had a great time (i shook each of their hands...I know, so formal, lol!). I didn't take a picture with them, but of them (I had driven there from work and wasn't feeling very cute). I'll have to post them when I get them developed.

I think Mr. G Love has a thing for Asian woman (although he didn't try to hit on me, LOL...I think I was overdressed in a t-shirt, jeans and hoodie...I just wasn't naked enough!). In one song, he said something about "I go for the Mai Tai with the big brown eyes". And there were these girls right before me who were tiny scantily clad (tiny cut off mini skirts, the ruffly kind, and barely there tank tops) Japanese (possibly Korean) girls to whom he FULL ON said, "Yeah, I know you 2, I was watching you from the stage..." and kept telling them to not leave and go over and talk to his manager/producer (I did not witness that exchange with anyone else in line, and they were they only girls talking to his manager).

He DID say he was gonna get a booty call last night, LOL...plus, he broke up with his girlfriend. If you listen to "The Hustle" album, you can hear the anger ("Astonaut") and the fact that he's just looking for some poonani ("Booty Call").

G Love is a cute guy in person. He's that tall lanky kinda guy with baby face (kinda like UNLV), with this funny Philly drawl and blues mentality. Talented guitarist (although I think John Mayer is far better), and a knack for that hip hop thang.

T'was a fun time. I love it that the times that I've seen G Love & Special Sauce in concert were both FREE!

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?