<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Ahhhh...dontcha love it when you hear extremely good music?

I just saw Jamie Cullum last night at Cane's, and he was INCREDIBLE.

I love it when I see a show where I don't know what to expect, and leave knowing it was worth every penny. Jamie Cullum was that kind of show. I almost bought the album last week, and didn't for some reason. A gal from the MSM message boards (My Stupid Mouth) emailed me and asked me if I wanted to see him, and I said hell yeah. I was soooo very glad I did.

Imagine a tiiiiiiiny, energetic, British Harry Connick Jr. He's a little wee boy and packed full of energy and raw talent (talk about good things coming in small packages). This guy is destined for stardom (which he actually is already worldwide). The audience in attendance was very diverse...probably because he took some old standards and shook them up to fit his very own style of youth infused jazz. It was almost of rock epic proportions the way this kid jumped off of the grand piano and banged his head to his own rendition of Jimi Hendrix's "The Wind Cries Mary". The slowed things down, then reved things up again...even asking for audience participation, giving us singing and clapping parts. He was constantly all over the stage and played this his fingers bled.

AMAZING.

Like John Mayer's "Room For Squares", I bought Jamie's "Twentysomething" album for $8.99. But unlike John Mayer, I didn't miss him at Cane's before this kid hit the big time. I regretted that I missed John Mayer play with Norah Jones at Cane's back in April 2002...Jamie Cullum will see the same success of Mr. Mayer...and maybe they can jam TOGETHER.

If that were to happen, I think I'll need a cigarette and a good long nap after THAT concert.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?