<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Someone PLEASE take me back to this weekend...
 
I am TIRED of living in my house.  I cannot stand that the people I live with are basically TEENAGERS with a house.
 
Yes, I know I'm talking about my very own sister.  I know I should be helping out, and I have.  I have been very quiet, and very laid back for the last month.  But it's SO hard to watch my parents house fall apart before my very eyes.
 
I'm not finished with my room or my mother's yet.  But that's not going to take very long.  It's mostly folding and trashing.  The rest of the house is barely kept up, and everything is a fucking mess.  I do the bulk of the cleaning, and what have I see either of them do?  BUILD FUCKING REMOTE CONTROL CARS.
 
Do you realize how hard it is to know that my brother in law is spending all hours of the night working on remote control cars?  My sister brought over her remote control car and wanted me to admire how cool it looks.  All I could think was, "Didn't you learn your lesson when you were planning your wedding?"  My sister and her husband ran out of their own money for the wedding, and had to go to his parents and my parents to ask for more money.  When they broke down the expenses they've been running up, they saw that they had spent a good amount of money on REMOTE CONTROL CARS.
 
So I come home yesterday, what do I see?  Their friends with a little race course outside on the col-de-sac, RACING THEIR REMOTE CONTROL CARS.  I was sooooo incensed.  I had a difficult time acting like nothing was bothering me.  Then I just lost it.  I had to tell my sister what I was feeling...that I've been depressed watching my father's garden fall apart because they lied about watering it twice a week.  I can't stand cleaning after them in the kitchen and bathrooms.  I yelled that our parents worked, raised children AND kept a clean house.  All of those empty promises she made of re-doing the bathrooms, kitchen and garage.  All fucking pipe dreams and lofty, unreachable goals.
 
My sister slammed the garage door and fled the house in front of all of her friends.
 
GEEZUS!  So I called my mom, and she said to just leave them alone.  Let the house fall apart and let them pick up the pieces.  They know that they're supposed get everything done before she comes home.  She said that my role is to just take care of my bathroom and our bedrooms, the rest is up to them.  Then she said if she sees that they can't do it, that she's going to sell the house because she cannot bear to watch them destroy what my mom and dad have kept up for so long.  She would rather know the house was being cared for by strangers than destroyed by her own daughter.
 
Apparently, they have a gardener and garage "organizer" they are hiring.  My mom said they CANNOT use her funds for that organizer person for the garage, but they can use it to pay for the gardener, as long as after it's clean that the maintenance will be easy.
 
They have NO FUCKING idea what it's like to keep a house.  They've never lived on their own, paid true rent or anything else.  They are two 30 year old teenagers who got a home for free and have no idea what they're doing.  They are just playing house, hoping things will take care of themselves.
 
Well, sister...it doesn't work that way.
 

 

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?