<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 23, 2004

It's quote time:

"and painted the town shades of wine and Scotch" - David Ryan Harris (Musician)

Isn't that a cool quote?  Instead of the predictible "Painted the town red".  The above description is so tangible I can taste it.  He said that in a blog, not in a song.  Damn good.

"And who cares about what fits, anyway. Nothing fits anything anymore.The world is a drawer of mismatched socks. " - John Mayer

I love that man, have I mentioned that already?  Here's another one:

"This song is talking to the person you haven't even met yet. Maybe they're rolling around in the hay with someone else, but they're not as good as you're gonna be. You just have to wait your turn. He's out there, she's out there. They're just learning what to contrast you against." - John Mayer

*sigh*  Yup...I swooned. 

I have one.  I posted it in response to the following narrative from someone who wrote this long winded and trite blurb, trying to sound whimsical and meditative.  The reason I like the earlier quotes is because they are observations or descriptions that were written to simply...observe life.  The following was obviously written in hopes that John Mayer would read them...I know that sounds funny, but the person posted it at a John Mayer fan site and message board.  The oberservations in this persons little piece called "Commonality and Cliche" is just one big...dare I say...cliche:

"It's mornings like this one that I both truly relish and strangely loathe. Everyone off and about their days while mine quietly and slowly ebbs by with not a soul to take notice of it but me (and this random board). At not quite eight, I've been awake for almost two hours, and considering the previous day's travel (and days of restless thought) wakefulness has stretched out tirelessly for days.

Last night while lying in bed watching the lights flash on and off from the street lights and the hum of the city streets nearby certain truths and even one that has become cliched became evident to me (that I want to share with ya'll):

No matter the lessons learned (or yet to be) or the love you have for it - so protected, swaddled so closely in the a soul's reverent need for belonging to a place and time, the simple cliched truth is as they say, "You really can't go home again". Looking out the window this morning my eyes take in the city but only as an observer; I am in it but I am no longer of it. It is a solitary place when you realize belonging no longer requires of you a place yet you are not able to let go for fear of the unknown that will fill the void."


Ok, now here's my response:

"I believe it's not always good to over analyze things.  Sometimes I love to go shopping for the sheer pleasure of buying something that looks good on me, or to come home with something brand new. Sometimes I wake up and think, "Fuck, do I have to go to work this morning?" but get my ass up and go anyway because I want to pay my bills.Sometimes I eat because I'm hungry, and sometimes I pee because it's necessary. I eat ice cream and have sex for the same reasons: I like it.
 
I'm not negating your thread, but pondering life just for the sake of doing it may not yield the answers you are seeking. "




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?