<$BlogRSDURL$>

Friday, July 02, 2004

Another thing I've figured out in my discovery of infinite wisdom is that it is not worth it to get angry over something you absolutely have no control over. Frustrated, yes...angry, think it over.

It goes back to the saying "choose your battles." Will arguing over something because YOU are the one pissed off about it be worth the aggravation once the thought leaves your head, escapes your mouth, and creates sound waves in the air?

TMI = too much information

Have you heard the song "My Stupid Mouth" by John Mayer? I really believe there are times to say something, and times to just keep it to yourself. I have learned that the hard way, and put my foot in my mouth many times. There is a filter that you can use, and that's to never say anything in the heat of the moment because an emotional outburst is just that...emotional. When has anything rational come out of an angry or sad moment? Even when someone is excited, the actions that result from an ecstatic moment can be just as regretful.

The worst ones are drunken moments. People use that as an excuse for things they wouldn't normally do. The trick is to never get into a situation where you can lose control.

Which goes back to my original statement: maybe you can control yourself in any situation, but you cannot control the situation itself, nor can you control the other person in it. It's all about YOU.

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change,
Courage to change the
things I can, and the
wisdom to know the difference.


Ferris: Not that I condone fascism, or any -ism for that matter. -Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in The Beatles, I just believe in me." Good point there. After all, he was the walrus. I could be the walrus and I'd still have to bum rides off of people.

Yeah, that's RIGHT...I placed those quotes together.

You know why? I control this Blog.




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?