<$BlogRSDURL$>

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

I'm back!

I miss my mom. I cried like a little girl when I was hugging her good-bye at the airport, and cried for 30 more minutes on the plane after a LOOOOOONG wait time due to a delay.

I had a great time, lots...I mean LOTS of shopping. H&M was a little disappointing.

Ok, here's my beef with shopping in another country during the summer: it's just like shopping in California. The reason I say "another country" even though I only have been to Canada so far this year, is a co-worker of mine went to Europe, and she said the same thing! I asked her to get me a cool German shirt and she said that all the t-shirts said something that had to do with California...which I what I ran into in Toronto! Every shirt had some funky beach location like Long Beach, Laguna, or even Coronado! Even the Roots store had "Tropical Beach" baby-doll shirts...argh!

So anyway, I still found a few gems, and I think when I go back in August it will be better because their fall lines will be out. I'm bringing TWO suitcases...one empty and one full. Yes, you read that right.

Toronto is beautiful. My mom and I were musing over the fact that you can tell when you are not in the US anymore. There's just something different about the landscape and scenery.

Not to mention we have a bazillion palm trees out here and they don't.

Father's day was spent at my cousin's house for a barbeque. It was strange to be there without my sister, but with my mom, and obviously without my father. I bought my niece the "You Got Served" DVD, which we watched. I joked around with them that I liked this movie when they called it "Breakin'", hahaha!

I didn't cry until that night. I cried when I saw a photo journalist report on his father, who passed away in 1982. It was then I realized why I was in Toronto...and then the chain of events played out in my head and I suddenly was overtaken.

I'm tired. It is so taxing to fly all day. On the flight home from Toronto to Houston yesterday , I was in one of those mini express planes, which was fine because I had a window/aisle seat. I could knit, which was nice. But I was on a 737 coming home from Houston, after running from one end of the terminal to the other, and just 15 minutes to spare before taking off.

On the 737, there was a rather large woman with a child on the aisle seat, and a man next to me that kept staring at me when he was awake...argh. I watched "My Boss's Daughter" which was HORRIBLE (on the way to Houston, it was "Duplex" which was mildly better).

The flight to Toronto was better because I was with my mom. At least I could share the bad experience with someone. When you're alone on a bad flight, it's nap time.

Alright, so I'm here at work now, and I'm completely distracted. At least it's almost lunch time.


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?