<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 03, 2004

I watched "Big Fish" last night on DVD with my sister. If you haven't seen this movie, it's about a son who thinks his now dying father has been deceiving him for his entire life with fantastic stories, and feels that he doesn't know who his real father is.

A co-worker of mine saw it last week, and came into work with puffy eyes, like she had been crying. She said that after watching this movie, she really started to miss her father (who died when she was younger). We talked about whether or not I should watch this movie at this time, when things are so fresh...and I considered not watching, but when my sister said she had the DVD, I decided to watch it.

The movie was described as a modern day "Wizard of Oz", which I believe. It was a very good movie, and very emotional.

The part that I cried at the most (other than the end, which I will not reveal for those who have not seen it yet), was when I realized that the father's car was a red Dodge Charger.

Now, for those who know me...you all know that my first car was a Dodge Charger. I drove a 1971 Charger for at least 2 years.

I don't know what happened, but I just started sobbing. Then it worsened as the movie approached it's end.

I'll have to finish my thought in a little bit because they need to switch out my PC due to the fact that I had some pop-ads attack my system. Fuckers...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?