<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 17, 2004

I had a great weekend. A bunch of friends went to a club called Decos in Downtown San Diego and celebrated birthdays with another friend of mine (she was born May 10 and I was May 8, but I'm 6 years older). It was a blast. Drinking and dancing with good friends is always a good time. Then some of us went to eat afterwards.

Saturday, the birthday girls went for massages...my treat, and it was GOOD. I had a back and neck massage, and she had a full body Sweedish one. Afterwards, we went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory.

Sunday, I did NOTHING but sit on my butt and watch TV all day. I watched "Love Actually". What a CUTE movie! I love British accents...*sigh*

But I did cry a lot this weekend. I went back to the condo I used to live in and found a poetry book my mom and dad bought me. I read the dedication my dad wrote on behalf of himself and my mom. It was so touching...he said that they're not getting any younger and that he wanted to let me know that they both loved me, even though it goes mostly unexpressed.

I cried for about 15 minutes straight.

I am missing my dad a lot right now. It's all hitting me because I'll be brining my mom to Canada next month to stay with my dad's sister for 2.5 months. The reality of not having both my parents around will be strange, even though I was living in a condo away from them at the beginning of this year.

It's so different when you move away, and you know that your parents are still there...rather than one or both passing away, and knowing that one is not there. At least when you're moved out, you know you can call and say hi, or go visit. I can't talk to my dad ever again.

I just put a picture of my dad, mom and me in my purse. It was when I graduated college. That was 11 years ago. I had no idea when I was 23 that I wouldn't see my dad after 34. I had this idea that my dad was invincible...like a superhero...

I stil have that idea...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?