<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, May 10, 2004

Disneyland was a BLAST on Friday! The friend that took me there is absolutely someone who has proven to be one of my dearest friends. Getting through these series of firsts has been made easier by him, and I hope he realizes just how special he is to me.

It's fun at Disneyland for a birthday because you get to wear a sticker that they give you when you leave the parking structure. Throughout the day, the park employees have to wish you a happy birthday. It's nice if you like attention, which I do *wink*!

Going to "the happiest place on earth" eased the realization that this is the first birthday without my father. The next day we went to Lancaster/Palmdale, but my sister and I visited my father's gave before we drove up. That was so difficult because I can't imagine a year without my father, and there I was experiencing it. I also received many emails and phone calls, so thank you all for calling or writing. I wanted to wait until the weekend was over to allow people to continue their mother's day celebrations.

For mother's day, we went to my aunt's house in Arcadia. It's a beautiful new custom built house, and my cousin bought a baby grand piano for the foyer (this house has FOYER), so I played it. When I was leafing through the piano bench, I saw a piano piece for the song "For The Good Times" written by Kris Kristofferson. My mom has told me on more than one occasion that his is one of my fathter's favorite songs. How ironic that we found it.

I played it, and my mom sang. My sister came over to join us, and it was so very bittersweet. We all cried quietly, and my mom kissed me to thank me for playing it for her on mother's day.

Weekends like this are nice, because it just shows that I am surrounded by such love and caring. I am so thankful for everyone around me, and it touches my heart.

I know my dad is smiling right now...

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?